- CONCEPT – It all starts with a concept. Many times customers will come to us with an idea already that we just need to execute, while other times it is left up to us and we can guide you through the entire process.
- DESIGN – After a concept has been established we can move forward to the design phase of the vehicle wrap. It is best to fill out one of our Creative Brief packets to narrow down exactly what you are looking for in order to save time and unnecessary revisions. Once you have decided on the final design, we can move forward with the final proofs and have them signed off on to proceed with production.
- PRODUCTION – All our vehicle wraps and fleet graphics are digitally printed at our facility in South Amboy, NJ. We use the latest printing technology available to produce high resolution graphics with phenomenal color reproduction and clarity. In the production stage the workflow is quite simple.
a. Final artwork is moved from pre-press to the RIP (Raster Image Processor) that will determine everything about the job and the way it will print.
c. Lamination. This is where the graphics will receive their over laminate for protection against UV light and other elements that would reduce the life of the graphic. Several finishes are available such as matte, satin, luster and gloss.
d. Finishing. The graphics will be trimmed accordingly and will also be contour-cut if necessary during this particular project.
- INSTALLATION – After the graphics are produced we will schedule an installation time for you to bring the vehicle to our facility for the graphic installation. Ideally the best case scenario is when the vehicle can be washed and dropped off the night before, however we realize this is not always possible or practical so we do try and work with you to fit your schedule without any interruption or downtime.
- AFTERCARE – Now that the vehicle wrap has been installed it is up to you to keep it looking great. Please browse our resources page for more information on how to protect and care for your wrap in order to further extend the life of your investment.
- Radio attracts 900,000 listeners in six weeks with 10 to 12 30-second spots.
- Valpak mailings offers a reach of 600,000 with 100,000 addresses per drop and your client is just one of many advertisers included in the packet.
- Direct mail reaches 20,000 names with one post card mailer.
- Seven city buses get 600,000 impressions in two months.
- Billboards receive 700,000 impressions in one month.
- An ad in the yellow pages can cost up to $15,000 per year‚ with your competitors listed right there next to your ad. The same is true for pay-per-click advertising‚ at an even higher cost per month.
- Vehicle wraps have the potential to garner thousands of impressions each day, they routinely last up to three years and cost, on average, between $2,000 and $4,000 for a standard vehicle which is a one time cost.
Multiple studies have measured the impact of advertising, and 96% of RYP & Becker Group respondents commented that vehicle advertising, has the most impact out of all outdoor advertising mediums. The strength of vehicle wraps has not gone unnoticed:
- ARD Ventures, a venture capital firm, has studied the phenomenon of wrapped vehicles and estimates that a single vehicle’s advertising message is viewed by motorists and pedestrians as many as 70,000 times per day.
- Outdoor Advertising Magazine states that outdoor mobile media billboards have a 97% recall rate, and 99% of survey respondents think mobile advertising is more effective than traditional outdoor advertising.
- 3M and the American Trucking Association noted 91% of the target audience notices the text and graphics on truck advertising, and the Traffic Audit Bureau notes that on local routes, monthly impressions range from 1 to 4 million hits.
- The Ad Agency RYP & Becker Group completed the 3M Mobile Media Advertising Case Study in 2011 with the following findings: 97% of survey respondents recalled the ad, 98% thought the advertising created a positive image of the advertiser, and 96% believed fleet graphics had greater impact than billboards.
There is no “average” ROI with vehicle wraps as every customer has their own market and might not drive in the same routes or areas as someone else. However with a great design and a few simple tricks to track your metrics you can definitely figure out how well your ad dollars are doing.
- Setup a toll free number or dedicated number just for your vehicle wrap ads. Only use this number on your wrapped vehicles. Many VoIP providers have very robust systems that will show you detailed analytics of your calls.
- Dedicate a special domain name (or short link) to your wrapped vehicles. You can set it up so it forwards/redirects to your main company page but this way you can track the visitors viewing your site and know where the traffic came from.
- Include a QR code that upon scanning takes you to a dedicated landing page on your site. On that landing page you can track all of the specific metrics and what the visitor does and see what information they were looking for.
- Implement Near-field communication (NFC) tags/chips under specific parts of the wrap. You can even apply these under the QR code areas so that mobile users with devices that don’t currently have the capability to utilize NFC can view the same website.
- One other technique we have found that works with great success is running a special promotion or offering a discount code for your product or service and only using that on the vehicle wrap. If the customer is requesting this promotion or using this code you know where this customer came from.
If you are going through insurance to have the repairs done please make sure they factor in the cost of removing the existing graphics that are affected, the re-printed graphics and the installation of the new graphics and any overlay accents you might have had.